Monday, April 8, 2013

Salted Creamery

salted-contaners
Last week I got a delivery of ice cream from the fine folks of Salted Creamery. I designed their logo and finally got to taste the product. It's super good. It makes you remember why you eat ice cream. It's the vanilla of my dreams. The ingredients are words you use every day and it's a nice demonstration of how wonderful complexity can come from simplicity. Like this butterscotch. I always liked the idea of butterscotch, but I never liked the flavor that came out of the squeeze bottle. It's hard to even describe; sweet and odd, but not something you'd want in your mouth. Unnatural, I guess. Since we started making it ourselves I basically put butterscotch on everything.

I'm very happy with how this turned out. They had a definite idea in mind, I explored some other directions, and through the design process we made something that fits them. I think it nicely visualizes the simple elegance of their product. And I got some ice cream.

Salted-Creamery-BW-Front

No comments:

Post a Comment